- In the United States, a person dies by suicide every fifteen minutes, claiming more than 34,000 lives each year?
- Suicide is the third leading cause of death among 15‐24 year olds and is the second leading cause of death among college students?
- 90% of all people who die by suicide have a diagnosable psychiatric disorder at the time of their death?
- In this country, approximately twenty million people suffer from serious depression and close to one million people attempt suicide each year?
On March 12th, a Bachelor Auction will be held at Vapor Night Club in Saratoga to benefit the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention – Capital Region, NY Chapter.
The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP) is the leading national not‐for‐profit organization
exclusively dedicated to understanding and preventing suicide through research, education and advocacy.
AFSP also provides programs and resources for survivors of suicide loss and people at risk, and involves them in the work of the Foundation.
The purpose of this event is to:
- Help fund AFSP’s vital programs to prevent suicide and save lives,
- Increase awareness about depression and suicide
- Continue to build AFSP’s presence throughout the Capital Region.
Please please consider donating to this worthy cause.
If you have any questions, please contact Marianne at 518.209.3569 or email@example.com.